Jump aboard our magical carpet and join us for this year’s spectacular pantomime.
Aladdin is a high-flying adventure for all the family featuring exotic locations, young love, mayhem and magic, and a wish-granting genie.
Brought to you by the Georgian Theatre Royal’s talented production team, it will have all the ingredients that you have come to expect from Richmond’s legendary pantomimes: fabulous characters; laugh-out-loud-comedy; amazing music and dance routines; and dazzling special effects. It is not surprising that last year’s production of Sleeping Beauty was chosen by The Observer as one of the best festive shows for 2018, and in 2015 The Telegraph named us the No.1 place to see a pantomime in the UK.
Aladdin runs from Friday 6 December 2019 until Sunday 12 January 2020 with both matinee and evening performances.
Book your tickets today and make your wishes come true!
Pantomime knitting appeal
Panto is fast approaching and that means it’s time to get the knitting needles out!
This year, The Georgian Theatre Royal in Richmond is appealing for knitted (or crocheted) lightbulbs, which will be used during the 50 plus performances of Aladdin, taking place between 6 December 2019 and 12 January 2020.
A pattern for the lightbulb can be downloaded using the link below but, as ever, do feel free to be creative. Any colour or combination of colours can be used and you may even want to work in little design features such as a jolly face. It’s entirely up to you! The only restriction is that we do ask that there are no hard or scratchy embellishments on the surface of the finished object. This is because they are going to be thrown during the performance and such additions may cause injury.
Finished lightbulbs should be handed in at the Box Office or posted to arrive at the Theatre by Saturday 30 November. Our address is The Georgian Theatre Royal, Victoria Rd, Richmond, DL10 4DW.
Thank you for taking part!
Children's arts and craft competition
Once again we are running our popular children's arts and crafts competition which is open to all ages. There are four competition categories:
1) Entries aged 6 & under
2) Entries aged 7 & over
3) The Director’s Prize for the most imaginative entry
4) The best coloured-in poster or 2D artwork
The winner of each category will recieve a family ticket to the pantomime (up to two adults and two children) and there are also some great runners-up prizes.
We would like you to do one (or more) of the following activities:
1) Make a lamp or lantern. You can make these from absolutely anything you like, including old plastic bottles or card. Some ideas are given on the information sheet which can be downloaded using the link below.
2) You can also create some Aladdin-themed artwork. Perhaps paint a picture of a genie or make jewellery for Princess Jasmine?
3) Finally, why not colour in a pantomime poster? This can be downloaded below together with more details about the competition. Hard copies of both documents can also be collected from the Box Office on Victoria Road, Richmond.
Please drop off your artwork to the Theatre (Victoria Road, Richmond) by Saturday 23 November. All entries should be marked clearly with the child’s name, age and contact details. Good luck!!